Sometimes, you just need random inspiration or advise or distraction from the world. Reading is good, drinking is fun, yoga, running, meditation, colouring, drawing. Whatever you use to recharge or de-stress, sometimes its just nice to lose yourself on the internet. Pinterest, reddit, social media, Netflix, there is so much to chose from, and, so I thought I would collect some of my favorites (articles, websites, people, books, etc) and share them with you, for those moments when you need to zone out. Some of them have nothing to do with art and are just cool or funny. So sit back and grab some coffee, whiskey, wine or tea and enjoy!
- 17 Photographers reveal the hardest life lesson they learned when starting out.
- National Geographic love.
- ARTISTS ASSEMBLE! Over at Hit REcords.
- I will probably always share Maptia articles here (if I do this blog weekly/monthly) because they are so moving and elegant and wondrous.
- Dallas Clayton is such a sweet soul.
- Podcasts: LORE and
Limetown. Really creative and unique stories and great to play while at work or when you just want to relax.
- A cold case mystery Podcast I just discovered, and is amazing, is Someone Knows Something by the CBC. Go listen here
- Trex Tuesdays: Ice Skating. Seriously just go follow this guy. I love that there are people out there that do things like this.
- I love the Awkward Yeti so much. Heart and Brain are my fav though.
Put Your Glasses On, It’s Time to Look Smart. Or get serious. One of those two.
- Ok. This is a tough read, but you HAVE to do it. Why? Because we should all be aware of this! A Toronto Star Investigation into the dark underbelly of domestic sex trafficking in Ontario. And once you are done there make sure you go follow the Canadian Women’s Foundation and help fellow women.
- This FREE class made by Parks Canada and UofA looks awesome! Can’t wait to take it.
- I’m sure most of you have read a Mark Manson article by now, but it not, go binge read. His blunt self help is amazingly refreshing (note: I love self help stuff, so expect more of this too)
Thanks for reading!
Trish ~ Wild Roots Art